Installation Instruction for Demonstration Releases
The MEVIS demonstration versions are executable at the Microsoft operating systems
WINDOWS 3.1x, WINDOWS 95 or WINDOWS NT. There are no special demands to the host
computer, but the operating systems should run speedy.
All demonstration releases were originally built for the installation from disks.
To create an installation disk follow the instructions below.
- Download the desired sample application as archive file
- Unpack the zip archive into a temporary directory, e.g. c:\temp\disk.
You will find a suitable extracting program e.g. at www.pkware.com.
- Copy the contents of the temporary directory (i.e. c:\temp\disk) that includes
after successful extraction the files Install.exe, Install.ini, Instumad.bat,
Deinst.*, readme.txt and subdirectories (\MEVIS\..) in the root of the disk.
- Start the file Install.exe on the used floppy drive.
- The installation program unpacks the application and the demonstration data
into the specified path and creates a corresponding window in the program manager.
There will be done no other registrations or manipulations in the WINDOWS system
files will be done.
After installation the MEVIS application will be started automatically. The functionality
of the demonstration release complies to the corresponding commercial release, however
you can not adding own data to the demonstration database.
Please read the readme (*_text.txt) and help (mevis.hlp) files of the applications
for further information.
Start the de-installation program to remove the MEVIS demonstration files and
Hint for WINDOWS NT User:
Sometimes it happens, that compressed files will not be completely expanded.
You realise this malfunction on runtime errors of MEVIS or empty value tables.
In this case please
- Copy the files LMEVIS.EXE and MINI.EXE from the disk again into your MEVIS
application path you have chosen whilst installation. Start both files for expansion
on this path.
- Copy the file \DAT\92\M92.EXE from the disk to the sub-directory ..\DAT\92
of your MEVIS application path and start M92.EXE.
- Copy the file \DAT\92\03\M920?.EXE to the path \DAT\92\0? of your MEVIS
application path and start M9203.EXE.
- Then start the demonstration program again.